We are excited about our upcoming field trip to Camp Leopold on February 28th. If you have not paid the third installment of $40 (new students $65), please do so by Feb. 15th. Below is a list of things you need to know for the trip:
- Please report to the cafeteria by 7:30 a.m.
- Students should wear comfortable clothing that could get dirty and tennis shoes or hiking boots. Watch the weather forecast in case of rain or cold weather.
- If you would like to be a chaperone, please email me. We will need at least 10 chaperones. Due to limited space on the bus, you will have to drive your own car. Your child can ride with you if you fill out a letter of release form before hand.
- Please pack your child a small bag or backpack that includes a change of clothes in case your child gets extremely wet (including tennis shoes), two small snacks and a water bottle. Your child may want to wear a hat.
- Lunch will be served at the location, so your child does not need to bring a lunch unless you would like to pack your child’s lunch.
Lunch will consist of hamburger, chips, salad, lemonade/fruit punch, or water.
- Your child is allowed to bring a camera, but no other electronic devices.
- There is a gift shop, so if your child wants to bring money, please pack it in your child’s bag. The following items are offered: Water Bottles ($5), Duck Calls and Whistles ($10), Camp Leopold Hats ($10)
- We will arrive back on campus at 5:00 p.m., so please be in the back parking lot ready for pick-up.
Here is a link to Camp Leopold if you would like to see pictures or read about some of the activities we will be a part of while on the trip. We are taking four classes: Wetlands and Badlands, Cyprus Swamp Canoe trip, Seasons of life: Waterfowl Adventure, Team Challenge Course.